India is now following the trending interior designing techniques and designs. If you have bought a house in India in a budget of 50L to 1C, it is safe to assume that the following about your kitchen. You can easily have proper space to design Modular Kitchen. Modular kitchen enhance your home beautifully as well it provides a royal look to your Home and Kitchen.
- The granite slab is already laid and cannot be changed easily. It is always mounted in Kitchen it is a platform. This means your modular kitchen design cannot be completely modular.
- The position of the sink and hob has already been decided by the builder and properly connected to the water line and wastage line. So if you want to change is it will be a costly process.
- The Vastu puts quite a few restrictions on the modular kitchen design. This means you cannot think about international kitchen design standards. Because international design does not follow Vastu Shastra.
- There is a decent amount of civil issues like a beam, pillar, slanting wall, etc. and restrictions which cannot be changed. Also, the electricity line which can be changed but same as sink and hob it is a cost to the process.
We have some tips that help you to design Modular Kitchen in an easy way or in the budget.
- Basket Units: Decide on the optimal number of baskets and pull outs. Kitchen baskets are better organized and hold more things than a simple cupboard.
- Correct Positioning: Make sure that the baskets and pullouts are on the correct side of the hob. If you are a southpaw it would help to have the frequently accessed baskets to your left and vice versa.
- Free of Fridge: If your kitchen is less than 80sqft, it would help to move the fridge out of the kitchen and have a tall boy unit instead.
- Removable Shelves: Have a removable shelf in all the cabinets below the counter instead of fixed ones. This will give provisions to store tall things such as rice containers and etc.
- False Partition below Sink: Have a false partition below the sink that would help store detergents and other washing related things.
- Open Shelves: The wall units can have some open shelves to make it look modern and to store the frequently used things.
- No Alternate Colors: Alternate colors have become a thing of the past. It should be done with extreme care, of safely go with a single color and one color for the floor units and the next color for the wall units.
- Frosted Glass doors: Have a few frosted glass door for a few wall units to get a trendy look.
- Longer Handles: Go for longer handles or profile handles for a richer look. Choose curved handles for post-formed finish and square handles for the regular finish.
After this, your kitchen will be more beautiful and modern. But comfortability and proper measurement is a must in your new design. The following are a few important things to make sure that the kitchen is more comfortable to do your activity.
Counter Height: – The average counter height for the Indian women is 5’3 ft. or little less than that according to the height of the ones using it. All design is best if they design by proper measurement which provides you best feeling during work. Ideally, there are three different heights to the counter.
The height of this surface is a little more than 5’3 ft., which is around 4″ to 5″ below the elbow. This is primarily used to cut vegetables and do the prep work. And proper standing and sitting give you pain-free and healthy body because of healthy body gesture.
This is the height at which the cooking happens, It is around 2″ less than the preparation surface and 5″ below the elbow, around 5’3 ft. This is to make sure that the hot oil does not splatter at the face height.
This surface is around 8″ below the elbow. This is primarily used for intensive tasks where you want to be on top of things, literally. These include kneading dough, butchering meat, etc.
Counter-Depth: – The standard size of the counter is 2 feet. Again, if the people are short, the depth can be made a little less to have better access to the wall cabinets. As it is if people are long which very rare case is then counter height made a little high. If the kitchen is small, and if there is a side that does not have the Hob or the Sink, the depth can be made to 1’8ft. to have better moving space in the kitchen.
Wall Cabinet Height: – The distance between the counter and the wall cabinets should be at least 2ft. In most of the Indian home, the backsplash is given as 2’4ft., on top of which the cabinets are fixed. The cabinet sizes are 2’4ft. Usually. The size and the height of the cabinets can be adjusted according to the depth of the counter, the height of the person and the height of the backsplash.
Kitchen Triangle: – The kitchen triangle can be constructed considering the sink, the stove and the refrigerator as vertices. If kitchen space is max. then you can make it more wide and free that provide the help you to work free and movement without obstacle.
Other Counter Space: – If there is a distance of around 1’2ft., on side of the stovetop, it would be used to do the preparation work optimally. After this arrangement now you have to check comfortability and then modify according to it. Because everyone has a different comfort zone. This is based on an average height. And besides this, you can check the modern kitchen furniture area and coverage area.